Saturday, January 24, 2004

Sixth Sense is Sitemeter?: Lynn, from Reflections in d minor, confessed where her own sixth sense comes from, athough she says it can sometimes be unreliable, too.

The "sixth sense" is Sitemeter. Scroll all the way to the bottom of my page and click on the little multi-colored button then click on "Referrals". You'll see a list of my last 100 referrals. That is, the sites where my last 100 visitors found my site. Visits from bookmarks show up as "unknown."

I don't like Technorati very well. It sometimes takes several days for links to show up there.

After you sign up for Sitemeter you should put the code for the button at the very bottom of your page so it will be the last thing to load. That way it won't prevent the rest of your page from loading when Sitemeter is having a bad day, which happens once in a while.

No comments: