Tuesday, February 10, 2004

The Ender Movie: Linkage to The Philotic Web, who report the X2 guys are rewriting the Ender's Game movie.

Am I excited? I'm optimistically reserving judgment. But statements like this make me hopeful:

"My parents gave me the book when I was a kid, and it is the reason I fell in love with science fiction and is somewhat responsible for what I am doing for a career," Harris said. "It taught me how to create great characters within an outer space world. There are real wars and battles here, so it's not a kid movie, but what makes the story beautiful is that this adult world is seen through a kid`s eyes. I`d always wondered why it had never been made into a movie."

Update: More info, along with quotes from Card, at the production company's website.

No comments: