Thursday, April 14, 2005

Netflix: I finally got an explanation from somebody at Netflix about why there seem to be odd delays at times in when movies ship. I'm very glad to get this. I don't know why nobody explained this to be before. It was obvious there was some kind of policy they weren't cueing me in on, and this explanation helps a lot:

In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service. As a result, those members who receive the most movies may experience next-day shipping and receive movies lower in their Queue more often than our other members. By prioritizing in this way, we help assure a balanced experience for all our members. Those that rent a lot of movies get a great value and those with lighter viewing habits are able to count on our service to meet their limited needs.


I tend to send movies back fast, so it makes sense that I'm in a little "delay cue."

Mostly what was frustrating me was their denial of the existence of a problem. Now that they've explained to me what's going on, I'm perfectly content.

No comments: