Tuesday, May 31, 2005

June Author Of The Month: As most regular readers of this blog know (::waves to both of you::), I'm trying out one new author a month this year to broaden the scope of authors to draw from when I grab a book. As I finish Ship of Magic and get ready to post about it, I'm also taking nominations for next month's author. The only criteria I have are:

1. It be somebody I haven't read before.
2. It be somebody who's written several books, not just one or two.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I recommend The Truth Machine and The First Immortal by James L. Halperin (or sometimes just listed as James Halperin). I see that you already have a nomination for June, so maybe make this your July read. The First Immortal is only a sequel to The Truth Machine in the sense that it takes place in the same world as The Truth Machine and mostly occurs after the time of The Truth Machine. However, it is an entirely new story with entirely new characters. I highly recommend both, but you should of course read them in order. If you're doing a new author every month, I don't know when you'll get to The First Immortal, but Marc describes that as the book James L. Halperin was meant to write.

Rebecca said...

Okay, so it was late and I misread your second criterion. As far as I know, this author has only written two books, so I guess that takes him out of the loop. However, I do recommend that you read them at some point in time.