Monday, May 10, 2004

Like many of you, I suspect, I received my nomination, my email begging, nay, pleading with me to allow the good folks at poetry.com to grace two pages of their upcoming book, sure to be a classic of the field, read by literature students for generations to come, Who's Who in Poetry.

And to think, this wonderful opportunity was dearly relegated to the "delete all" button as it somehow found its way into my "Junk Mail" folder! Alas!

Perhaps I shall write a poem about this!

Calloo! Callay!
Frajabulous Day!
I got a fine email from
The folks at poetry.com!
Oh what an opportunity
To write eloquent poetry!
To grace the pages of Who's Who
Is just what I was born to do!
I don't know what I would have thunk
If I'd hit the button, "Delete Junk"
But now all poets will know me
I'll carry this book as ID
They'll know I am a poemist zealot
Would that it fit inside my wallet.

No comments: