Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Crunching The Numbers: I love this story. I really, really do.

It's about how an Iranian official uses "creative math" to prove his country beat the US in the Olympics. Basically, since the ratio of medals to athletes is higher for his country, his country "beat" the US and a whole slew of other countries.

This system of scoring placed his country in fourth. Behind, I am guessing, a couple of countries who only had two athletes good enough to even compete in the Olympics, both of whom won medals. Therefore, their atheletes are the best in the world and they win.

This is the olympic equivalent of me saying, yeah, your blog gets more hits than mine does, but since I never update mine, that means I'm getting more hits per post, hence my blog is more popular than yours.

You have to love statistics.

No comments: