Thursday, September 02, 2004

Lysenko's Tom Foolery: My dear friend Timothy Sandefur (who I have recently become sorely tempted to begin to call simply "The Crackpot") recently posted this fascinating article over on The Pandas Thumb.

Although his contempt for communism has put him direct conflict with many of the bloggers there ("Sandefur is anti-communist? Why, that's right wing talk! Next thing you know he's going to be thumping the bible and vilifying Darwin!"), it's actually an eye-opening article about some situations I, at least, was unaware of in Soviet Russia.

I recommend both the article, for its fascinating story (I hope to be as well-read as Sandefur someday) as well as the ensuing discussion, for its fascinating glimpse into how myopic some people can be.

His article is part of a series on his blog to raise money for the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation.

No comments: