Sunday, September 26, 2004

Pet Peeves: You know how everybody hates pop-up ads? You know what I hate? When a regular link pops up in a new window.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not against multiple windows. I myself like to right click and pop up window after window after window so I can keep track of where I was. Sort of like how I used to stick my fingers in the last couple choices I made in Choose Your Own Adventure books, in case I wanted to change my mind. Never mind I could go back and start over and make a different choice the next time--I needed to be ready now.

So it's not that I'm against sixty windows across my taskbar. However, being a rational adult who is capable of working the right mouse button, I am also capable of making the decision myself whether or not your website is worthy of a virtual finger to hold my place.

It also is too complicated for most pop-up blockers to figure out, so you have to go up, turn the thing off, then wait for the page to reload, then click again.

Power to the people, man! Just do normal links.

No comments: